Hey, just noticed I hadn't updated my blog in forever.  Here's what's new:

I have a mailing list!  

Sign up Here! to receive the most up-to-date notices on upcoming books, projects, and developments to your favorite series:


And to answer a lot of questions I've been getting all in one spot, I'll just make a post and pin it to the top of this page.

I had health issues, hence the huge stall out in writing. It was painful--*really* painful--to write. Standing, sitting, lying down, it didn't matter. I know it was about 9 parts burnout/psychological and 1 part physical, but it didn't change the fact that I was creating a dangerous medical problem by forcing myself to keep going. However, we got those issues ironed out and it looks like smooth sailing from here. So, in order, Sara's Tentative Plan For Completing Her Projects Now That Writing Is No Longer Physically Excruciating:

Current Project: Daytona Dae (Prequel to Outer Bounds...sets the stage for the Aashaanti, the Phage, and the AlphaGens showing up in OB3.) Daytona Dae is Runaway Joel's illustrious mother, and this series gets right into the blood, guts, and grime of her misadventures. I got 100k words into OB3 before I realized I needed this backstory in order to write believable characters and their motivations for the major players in the next 3 books. I want to get a couple Daytona Dae stories out, then probably the next 3 OB books out, before switching to my next project. (Bringing us to OB5 before I leave for another project.)

Next Project: After Outer Bounds, it'll be ZERO. It's time I unfuck that series after butchering it so thoroughly a couple years back. I COULD have published all four books at the same time, BOOM, and moved on. But oh, noooooo, Sara had to TINKER... Sigh. I'll fix it. Promise.

After ZERO, it's probably another Alaska book. Maybe a couple of these. I have a bunch of fun stuff planned for that world, but just haven't had enough time to write it lately.

After the Alaska book, we're looking at ironing out the rest of the Form and Function series. Now THAT one is going to blow you guys away, when I finally get them all out. Now the pain's gone, I'm hoping I can just whip them out.

Next project: After Form and Function is finally complete, I want to finish Millennium Potion. I love Stuey and his people. I wanna write them their happy ending. 

After that, To the Princess Bound might get a sister book, but it's necessarily at the bottom of my list because the fans of my more popular series would eviscerate me for letting it jump the queue. (I think it has what, 7 fans? Lol.)

I can't guarantee dates on delivery for any of these (I've long ago stopped trying to do dates--my Muse always says F-U to them, anyway), but I'll do my best to get them done as swiftly as I can. Anything I missed??

Comments

  1. So glad I found you Sara! Your stories are awesome. Love the characters, the way your worlds are unique and surprising. Take care of yourself and the writing will take care of itself. Wishing you excellent health and joy in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been greatly enjoying your books, however I notice that you've stopped turning any of them into audiobooks. Is that something you expect to continue, or should I cease my weekly searches on audible hoping to grab the other legend of zero books :)? I really do hope you continue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On her facebook she told us that she paid 2 different voice actors in full to do her books. One took off with the money, and the next passed away before doing the work. She doesn't currently have the funds built up to pay a 3rd voice actor.

      Delete
    2. Oh wow. That's pretty messed up. I had no idea the voice acting world could be so cutthroat. I wish you the best Sara, and thanks for letting me know, Beckars

      Delete
  3. Sara,
    I have really enjoyed the Zero series but I really enjoyed the Sunny with a Chance of Monsters. I hope you have plans for another book to follow the first. I'm waiting patiently....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts